What does mental health & well-being mean to you?
- Well-being is the experience of health, happiness, and prosperity. It includes having good mental health, high life satisfaction, a sense of meaning or purpose, an ability to manage stress. There are 3 major areas: physical, mental, and social. Good decision making and healthy choices reduce the risk of disease and increase health overall.
- Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
As we all know the past few years have been hard on all of us – but for our children it has been even harder. They come to us with unimaginable trauma, violent backgrounds, are survivors of trafficking and abuse, many have travelled hundreds of miles from their home countries to escape further violence and abuse.
Our project for the children in our care is designed to address each of the above areas in depth with tailored programme plans for each and every child to help them unpick the traumas they have experienced, learn coping strategies, learn to interact, and strengthen interpersonal reactions, make healthy, informed choices to become socially included.
As you can imagine the programme staff have to be highly qualified professionals, from psychiatrists to psychologists. Workshop leaders, therapy providers and all areas in between.
We offer the children one on one sessions, group sessions, workshops and therapies for rehabilitation and development. These all come at a high financial cost …. but without them the cost to our children’s mental health and well-being is incalculable.
The cost for each child is £ 198.56 per year a small amount for the mental wellbeing and care of vulnerable, despairing children.
- We are turning to you to ask for your donation for these children who are in desperate need
- We are looking to fund the current programme and expand our help to even more children.
- The 100 beneficiaries of this project are children 8-18 including children living with HIV, refugee children, children with mental & physical disabilities, trafficking survivors
- The cost for each child is £ 198.56 per year a small amount for the mental wellbeing and care of vulnerable, despairing children.
- Provide mental health treatment to sexually abused children and adolescents
- To identify children and adolescent victims of sexual abuse
- Raise awareness on the prevention of STDs and pregnancy
- Improved access to mental health care
- Improved access to a place of safety
- At risk children become socially included
- The project enables informed decision making
- The project improves quality of life
- The project increases access to opportunities
Your donation will help cover the cost of:
- Individual therapies for children victims of sexual abuse. Create therapeutic groups for children victims of sexual abuse.
- Horse assisted therapies for children with high levels of anxiety.
- Caring for and Working with dogs as therapy animals to combat stress
- Psychiatric evaluations and follow-up consultations, when required, to children who have been victims of sexual abuse.
- Sex education workshops. Gender violence prevention workshop.
- Sexual abuse and human trafficking prevention workshops.
- Facilitate the development of a healthy sexuality in children and adolescents’ victims of social neglect
We are asking if you can help support more children through this life changing programme by making a donation today – via our QR code, cheque, CAF
voucher or our website