Legacy – Leave a Gift in your will to Help Street Children
Your wishes will fund a street child’s future
We all put off making a will, for many reasons, but it is vital that we do so to safeguard our families, loved ones and charities we support by clearly stating how we wish our estate to be dealt with and to ensure that the legal requirements are simple and straightforward for our loved ones to deal with.
Every child deserves a chance in life. If you share that view, then leaving a legacy to Compass Children’s Charity is an excellent way to ensure your beliefs will live on – in the most practical way possible.Legacies have a huge impact on the work we are able to do, so we would be grateful if you could think of leaving a Gift in your will to help street children.
I want to leave a gift to continue my support:
- Many people leave a legacy to charity as an extension of the support they’ve given during their lifetime.
- A charity gift in your will is exempt from inheritance tax, and is probably the most tax-effective way for you to give to charity.
How much should I leave:
- A legacy donation does not need to be a significant amount of money. In reality there is no “normal” legacy donation, all donations are valued.
- Even the smallest gifts can make a big difference, your donations will have a lasting and significant effect for the children we work for.
How to leave a legacy to Compass Children’s Charity
Compass Children’s Charity is part of The Goodwill Partnership, which will arrange for a solicitor to help you draw up your will in the comfort of your own home, it is easy to arrange , very straightforward and very competitively priced.
- To ensure your will is valid it is important that you seek legal help and the Goodwill Partnership are there to help every step of the way.
- To use this service, visit The Goodwill Partnership’s website and simply select ‘Compass Children’s Charity’ from the drop down list.
- Contact your own solicitor to make your arrangements
The following details will need to be included in your will:
- Compass Children’s Charity,Unit 2, The Business Exchange, Rockingham Road,,Kettering, Northants, NN16 8JX
- Registered charity no: 1073903
There are three types of charity legacy you can leave:
- A residuary gift – a share of your estate after expenses and other gifts have been considered
- A pecuniary gift – a sum of money
- A specific gift – a particular item, such as a painting
If you already have a will and want to amend it, the easiest way is to write a codicil (an official alteration). Again, we recommend that you speak to your solicitor for the best advice on this.
If you’re thinking about leaving a gift to street children in your will and would like to speak to us about it, please contact us at: email@example.com or call 01536 526447.