Compass Children’s Charity (1073903)
Our Vision: A world where children are free, safe and can realise their potential.
Our mission: To develop collaborative partnerships that promote a positive and measurable impact on the lives of at-risk children and adolescents through programmes and rights-based advocacy.
Who we are
- An organisation working on behalf of at-risk children globally.
- Established in 1999, we have supported over 10,000 children to-date
We currently support programmes working with:
- Children living and working on the streets
- Child trafficking survivors
- Refugee children
- Children fleeing gangs, violence and persecution
Our current project partners are based in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras and most recently, we have begun working with a programme partner in Kenya
How do we help?
We fund meaningful and impactful programmes that have a positive impact on the lives of children We provide training and ongoing support to partners to ensure programmes for children are safe, inclusive, high quality and measurable We advocate for the rights of at-risk children, calling on governments to provide protection, essential services and justice to children who are voiceless.
Our funding priorities
- All our work must align to at least one of the identified Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- All programmes must demonstrate a positive and measurable impact of the lives of children.
- Programmes must achieve one of the following:
- Increase access to opportunities
- Improve quality of life
- Enable children and adolescents to make informed decisions
How can I help and what can I donate to? All our partners have a number of programmes that require ongoing funding in the following areas:
- Physical and mental health
- Sport for Development
- Vocational training
- Street outreach
- Maternal and postnatal care for adolescent mothers
- Unaccompanied refugee children in Mexico
Our Tribe values
Transparency – honesty and open communication with our beneficiaries, supporters and at all times.
Rights-based – we call duty bearers to account to address the root and structural causes of poverty, inequality and injustice rather than just the symptoms.
Innovative – we recognise there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. Innovation ensures we effectively engage with children.
Beneficiary Focused – The best interests of beneficiaries will always come first and their protection is paramount above other priorities.
Enabling – Our support must allow children to grow and reach their potential, nurturing their talents in an enabling environment.