Trustee recruitment: Help us save street children
If you can help us on our mission to develop collaborative partnerships that promote a positive and measurable impact on the lives of at-risk children through programmes and advocacy, then we would love to hear from you.
We are especially looking for someone with communications and marketing skills and experience of international development, in particular income generation and business development.
At Compass, our priorities are to:
- help street children out of danger
- provide education and skills for a brighter future
- ensure children’s rights are at the heart of our work.
To help us develop our work, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, and creative trustee with experience of a range of charity fundraising, who is willing to take a hands-on approach.
Compass Children’s Charity started as Casa Alianza UK in February 1999, set up to raise funds and awareness for the Casa Alianza Latin American programmes in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua.
The charity was founded in response to the senseless death of one child – 13-year-old Nahamán Carmona López – who was kicked to death in Guatemala City by four police officers who found him sniffing glue on the streets to try and combat his wracking hunger pains.
Today our trustees decide on the strategic direction of the charity and implement plans to ensure the growth of the charity to help more street and at-risk children.
- Trustees will be required to attend four meetings at either our office in Kettering or via Zoom.
- Be should be able to commit 10 hours a month to Compass.
- You must be able to work as part of a small team and commit to making a difference.
- Find out more about our board of trustees.
How to apply
Please submit your CV together with two professional references and a covering letter to General Manager Sue Scarbrow via email@example.com indicating why you wish to be considered for the role and what skills you are able to contribute to Compass.
We look forward to hearing from you.