There are more than 150 million children living on the streets GLOBALLY… great site.
…Over half of these children have been sexually exploited in exchange for food to survive….
… And yet over 80% of street children in Latin America have a family, they just can’t live with them….
This cannot be allowed to continue. It isn’t right or just.
If you feel as strongly we do, please help us to change this.
Compass Children’s Charity is a global children’s charity working to create a future where no child lives on the streets, is exploited or lives in fear of abuse. The charity is at an exciting point in its journey, having recently re-branded and is in the process of developing an exciting vision for the future. We need motivated individuals to help support us with implementing our vision and focus to raise funds and awareness for street children.
We seek people who will be strong external ambassadors for the organisation and help to raise our profile. A key role of being a trustee is to contribute to the work of the organisation by bringing skills, contacts, experience and perspectives to its deliberations.
We are seeking to expand the Board of Trustees; and would love to hear from you if you have experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Income generation (institutional, corporate, trusts & foundations or digital: In particular, we are looking for someone with excellent business and corporate links). Fundraising is a priority area for us and support in writing successful grant applications is urgently needed.
- Experience of working in or well-connected within the private sector and willing to facilitate introductions to develop and strengthen our partnerships and relationships with influential corporates and organisations.
- Networking: including using your personal and professional network to raise the profile of the Charity and to become financially sustainable
- Experience in communications and social media to share with the world what is going on and how they can help.
You would be joining a strong team with a wide breadth of skills and helping to shape and grow our charity.
It will be hard work – working with any small charity trying to raise its profile usually is!
But we are determined to create a world where no child experiences harm and believe the rewards will speak for themselves.
- Trustees will be required to attend 3-4 meetings a year at our office in Kettering, Northants and may be requested to assist at further meetings and events as required.
- The position of a trustee is voluntary but reasonable Compass Children’s Charity related expenses will be reimbursed by prior approval.
- Be able to commit 10 hours a month proactive help in addition to attending meetings
The ideal candidates will have innovative ideas and be able to think creatively – thinking outside the box or acknowledging there is no box is very welcome!
An understanding of the voluntary sector and previous experience as a charity volunteer or Trustee are both desirable but not essential.
All Trustees are expected to assist Compass Children’s Charity to support income generation in any way they feel able to ensure our partners can continue to do the fantastic job they do in – country with the children they work with but also to help us with lobbying for their protection and Human Rights to be upheld so they can live a life safeguarded from harm and with dignity.
If you would like to find out more, please do get in touch and we would be more than happy to have an informal chat about your thoughts and experiences.